Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I'm A PROUD MEMBER OF AMNESTY WORLDWIDE.

Even as a kid, I had always wanted to be part of something that
promotes the well being of every person living around the world. You
may think it weird, but it was my childish obsession which I held so
dear to myself.
So growing up and experiencing all the atrocities been perpetuated
everywhere and anyhow- in the middle east, africa, america, europe -
the fire was rekindled to an extent I felt like bursting into flames.
But sadly, I had no let out, no conduit through which I could channel
my energy into helping the world become a better place, no way to let
the fire burning in me come out and achieve something positive.<br />
All those periods were times of frustration, despair with the
thoughts of my inability to do something ravaging my mind.

Then sometime in 2009 ( I've been out of high school for some few
months), I received a mail from amnesty. To say I was surprised is
saying the least, I was apprehensive as I opened the mail and viewed
their invitation to me to join their letter writing campaign. I
grabbed it with both hands as at last I had found something worthwhile
through which I could contribute my iota to building a safer world and
since then I have not looked back.
Its been awesome, taking part in all amnesty's activities not for
personal glory or vain pride but because its really what I wanted to
do. You know, it tears my heart to see the MILLIONS of children,
women, and men been destroyed by the wickedness of FEW callous
individuals around the world.
Imagine what would happen if we all stand up and join the fight in
saying NO! to all these barbaric acts. Imagine the change we would
effect if we resist in our little ways the selfishness of these
individuals.
Been a member of amnesty (and newly a member of one.org/africa ) has
been one of the most fulfilling achievements of my life knowing the
fact that I am not just complaining of the ills in the world but I am
also doing something to stop them.
You too can, you can stand up to evil and say enough is enough. We
all don't need to be armed to the hilt with ak 47s, grenade launchers,
bamsookas, uzi sub-machine guns to be able to make a impact in our
world, we don't need to wield the highest power to make a change, what
is needed is the zeal, the commitment and preseverance that no matter
the circumstance and challenge, you would not allow evil to
continue.
I have decided on what I wanted a long time ago - fighting for the
well being of people wherever and however I can- you too can decide
now and join the crusade of healing our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment